Here are some steps to follow if you've been bitten by a dog:
1. If you have recently been injured by a dog bite and have not sought medical attention, you should do so immediately.
2. Immediately report your accident to the police and request a copy of the Police Accident Report.
3. Try to obtain the name and contact information of the dog owner.
4. Try to get the name and contact information of any people who witnessed your accident.
5. Try to take photographs of any visible injuries you have suffered as a result of the incident with the dog.
6. Do not have any communication with the owner of the dog or owner's insurance company. If you accept any form of compensation, you will waive your right to claim additional damages.
7. Try to save any clothing that may have been damaged by the dog.
8. Please save and take photographs of any property damage caused by the dog.
9. Contact Tone, Grubbe, McGory & Vermeeren for your free no obligation consultation to preserve your legal rights.
Our attorneys are lawyers who are experienced and successful in obtaining compensation for dog bite victims.
At the Law Offices of Tone, Grubbe, McGory, & Vermeeren , we pride ourselves in our representation of persons and families in Ohio who have suffered injury from another's negligence.
Feel free to contact us for a review of your case, all without cost or obligation.